Sunday, October 23, 2005

The Birthday Drunk

OK, ok, I know I wasn't going to talk about my b-day, but I have to figure out what I did. For some reason I have this feeling...

Anyway, it all started out calmly with a large vanilla latte (my second for the day). That was about 6:30 or so. Kyle was there, but I was at the wrong end of the bar to keep him under my thumb. Once I was done with the latte, I started in on the evening. I had my usual Long Island and the sloppiest sandwich in the world (the Big Mama Italian sandwich). Mmmm, my mouth waters just thinking about it (sorry Kyle).

I decide to take my time and make the night last as long as possible. About 9:30 or so I have finished my 3d Tea and 2d glass of water when Tim and his roommate (hereafter known as TK) show up. Tim promptly tells Kyle it's my b-day. Then Kyle more or less backhands me, saying, "Why did you tell me it was your birthday?"

"Uh, technically, it was yesterday."

But I don't think he heard me because he bustled away to mix a drink. Little did I know that it (the drink he was mixing) was meant for me. He comes back, drops this delicious looking drink in a shot glass in front me and says, "Happy birthday" with one of his beautiful smiles. The drink smelled and tasted like a white cake with vanilla frosting! DMAN it was tasty, just like the server.

Well, 10 minutes after I down the drink (the only way to drink a drink in a shot glass) I lost track of the evening. What I mean is, things got kinda hazy and time telescoped. Seriously telescoped.

After the drink we moved to a table and I tried to just stick with the water I'd been drinking. But, somewhere along the line I musta thought another Long Island was needed because I ended up with another one. Then TK and Tim left and I moved back to the bar (after the drag show, whatever time that was) and Kyle yelled at me because I let the ice melt in the last drink. Sorry Kyle, it was either take it easy with this drink or throw up on the bar. Your choice. Shortly after that I left.

It is the 10 pm to 1:30 am time frame that has me worried most. While I don't remember doing anything wrong, or stupid, or foolish, or embarrasing, something happened that I'm not remember. Not fully, anyway. I guess it call comes down to when TK and Tim left, around 11 or 11:30. Tim said something like, "I hope he calls you."

Huh? He who? DMAN!!! Who the hell was I hitting on?

Well, tutti, if you were there, and you saw me, please tell me what the hell I was doing!!! AAARRRGGGHHH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home