Saturday, November 05, 2005

Thursday's Dirty Details

Ha! You all thought I forgot, didn't ya?!? Well, I didn't. I spent most of Friday nursing the hangover and trying to remember what I did. Anyway, here goes:

Scene 1: It starts

It all started simple enough. It was a simple, normal evening for me at the Union with my barstuds, er, bartenders, Howie and Kyle. Kyle's sporting a new look these days. He's gotten his hair in a buzz cut and is growing a beard thingy. Not sure what it's called. It's following his jaw line and only there. Whatever it is, the combo certainly makes him look more mature, masculine, and yummy! BTW- I asked him, with his bod, if he did any stripping, and he said, "No." DMAN!

Anyway, to get back on track. I was on and off talking to this guy named Jeff (very nice, very professional looking) when this chick kept butting in. Well, we were at the launch pad and we were between her and the bartender, so I was allowing her that. Anyway, everytime she came up it was chat, chat chat. So I was talking to her, Jeff was talking to her, Kyle was just taking her order and ignoring her (a plus for him).

I don't remember the gist of the conversations, but I was able to make out 3 things: 1) She's Irish (her parents came from Cork County), 2) She's straight (ditched her hubby and the kids for the night), and 3) She was there with a bunch of workmates celebrating this twinks birthday (very cute, if too young per me).

To try to shorten the story, she said they were going dancing and wanted to know if I would go with. By then I was 3 Long Islands into the wind (my usual stopping point) and was working on number 4 when this happened. I told her I wanted to finish the drink first, but she said, "Lemme see it." So I handed her the glass, closed my tab, and turned around to see her walking out the door. I followed her about to discover that she still had the drink with her. I took it back, hid it under my jacket, and followed her to her SUV.

Now, we all know I had been drinking, and I knew she had been drinking, but I didna know how much. I was soon to find out, however.

Y'know, I think I'll stop here for now. Make this into a serial story that'll keep you yelling for more. So, stay tuned for part II, coming soon from a laptop near you!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lewis said...

I spent part of today reading Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men. The details of the narrative are entirely different from your tale, but the cluelessness expressed by one of the narrators about all that he witnesses seems strikingly similar to my sense of the bar scene. But then I spent Thursday night with a bunch of 50-something "old men" at the one hundredth meeting of my book club :-).

05 November, 2005 20:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home